Tuesday, October 30, 2012

This is my political collage! I focused on the issue of greediness, how the government is corrupted, and how a lot of the reason is because of money. How people care way too much about money, that politicians have stolen from the government many times, how you have to be a millionaire to even run for president and represent America in which the majority of the population is the middle class and the poor, and etc. I could go on about this subject but instead I will explain how I had gotten my finished product. First I did a magazine transfer and pasted a few things down to get my background and then I cut out 99 percent and put it in the middle of my paper to symbolize the 99 percent of people who are struggling in this country and how only 1 percent have everything to live comfortably. After that I pasted a few strips of newspaper onto my page, and then I covered my paper with black ink and hoped that it would turn out alright and it did! I then dry brushed over some of the dark areas to make it brighter and drew in a little bit with colored pencil. This project was a little tough for me because I am gravitated more towards drawing but in the end I enjoyed making my collage and experimenting with mixed media.

No comments:

Post a Comment